Cawston Primary School PAC
Our Impact Why We Exist
The Cawston Primary School PAC:
- Provides a structure in which parents, principal, teachers, students and community members can talk about education in their school.
-Represents the voice of everyone in the school community on educational issues; individual opinions are encouraged and valued.
Our Story What We Do
The Role of the PAC is to...
-Support the mission and goals of the school
-Inform and involve the school community
-Represent the school community
-Work within school board policies
-Focus on best interests of students
-Work with other school PACs
-Provide advice to school boards
Our Programs How We Do It
The Cawston Primary School PAC meets once a month (during school months) to discuss issues and initiatives to enhance learning for the students.
We also try to enhance the quality of life of students in different ways.- We aim to offer support to the school, so that certain activities are possible; such as swimming and skating classes.
- We help pruchase material that the school needs, but can't afford. In the last year, the PAC purchased 2 smartboards and one projector. At the last meeting, we voted on buying new primary school designed carpets. The carpets will replace the old worn out carpets, in a effort to reduce allergens and to help enhance learning for the students.
- We organize a hot meal every month.
- We organize a milk and cookie day every month.
- We are instauring a community movie night every month, starting in March.
- We organize parents volunteers, when they are needed for certain school functions.
What You Can Do
Financial support directed to the school or the school PAC is greatly appreciated.